As an ethically minded tea company with strong values at heart, we take your privacy seriously and keep your personal information safe.
We will never provide any third parties with your personal and private information unless absolutely necessary to fulfil your order. For example, this could be through a bank or courier company.
Your contact information and billing details are required to make an order and process delivery of your products.
Billing information is handled via a third party: either Stripe, PayPal or Zip. We do not have access to these billing details as they are completely handled via a third party.
This statement does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Privacy Act. If you want further information on those rights please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
What is classed as personal information
We collect personal information from you (Personal Information) when you provide it to us, for example when you:
- order any Charity Tea Products;
- contact us for help or to ask a question;
- sign-up to receive Charity Tea News by email; or
- email or otherwise contact us in relation to any Charity Tea Products or the Website.
How we use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- fulfil your order for Charity Tea Products;
- contact you about any order; and
- do anything otherwise required or permitted by law.
Automatic Information and Cookies
We may also automatically collect, or use third party service providers to collect, certain information in relation to your use of any online Service or the Website (Automatic Information). This information may be aggregated to provide data related to how our website performs, and does not identify you or your individual browsing behaviour.
Automatic Information includes browsing characteristics, for example:
- search terms;
- pages viewed; and
- date, time and duration.
This information also includes technical characteristics, for example:
- screen resolution;
- language settings;
- operating system; and
- the type of web browser.
To collect this information we use Google Analytics. You can read Google’s privacy statement, or opt-out, at the Google Privacy Centre.
How we use Automatic Information
We may use Automatic Information to:
- manage, monitor, improve and develop any Charity Tea Products, and the Website;
- improve functionality, improve security and measure the performance of the Website; and/or
- prepare and use data about access to, and use of, Charity Tea Products.
Disclosure and use
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your Personal Information secure.
We will disclose information when you authorise us to share it (for example, banks or courier companies when you place an order). Where you have authorised us to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, their use and maintenance of your Personal Information is outside our control and we accept no responsibility or liability for such third party use to the extent permitted by law.
- to the extent necessary for third parties to provide services to us in connection with the Charity Tea Products, or the Website, or to operate our business;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request; or
- as required by any governmental agency, Minister of the Crown or parliamentary officer (including under the Official Information Act 1982 and Public Finance Act 1989).
We retain personal information for a minimum of 7 years. We store public records (which can include personal information) in accordance with the Public Records Act 2005.
From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails that relate to Charity Tea Products you have purchased or subscribed to.
You may opt out of receiving these emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided in the relevant communication.
The Website may contain links to third party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites or applications.
Contacting us about privacy
If you wish to contact us about your privacy, including requesting corrections to your Personal Information, you can contact us at [email protected]